Things You’ll Need:
- 7 cups of flour
- 1/2 ounce dry yeast
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup of shortening
- 1 can of evaporated milk
- 2tbsp of sugar
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 cup of cubed butter
- 1/4 cup of water
- 2cups of confectioners’ sugar
- 3 tbsp of milk
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp of brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon
How To Do It?
- Combine all the indgredients in a large bowl then gradually adding the flour to make it moisten until you form a soft dough. (don’t forget to beat the eggs first before mixing!)
- Lay unto floured surface (prevents from sticking) and knead the dough for about 6-10 minutes.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl and let it rise and double the amount by itself by placing into a warm place for minimum of 1 hour.
- In a separate bowl, combine the glaze ingredients.
- Lay the dough unto sligjtly floured surface and knead for about 6 – 8 times or until you are satisfied with the look and feel of it.
- Form a 12-inch circle and divide it with long triangular shapes (just like on the photo below)
- Spread the glaze on top once it is divided. optional: add brown sugar for additional sweetness)
- Start rolling from the base of the triangle going to its narrowest tip.
- Place each folded dough into a parchment paper glued with butter on a non stick baking pan making sure it has enough space to rise.
- Bake in 350 degrees Farenheit for about 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar.