We were college students when me and my partner went out for our first movie but we only have enough money for the tickets. He was still courting me then. He was too straightforward to me admitting that he did not have enough money. ( Maybe it’s one of the things i liked the most about him. 🙂 ) I planned to pack a lunchbox for us to eat inside the cinema. I know it sounds crazy but the hell who cares hahaha. It was one of the most embarrassing yet unforgettable experience for us. I knew that beef broccoli is one of his favorite dishes so I tried to cook it for him. The night went well and we had big smiles and laughter after that night. 🙂
Here’s a simple recipe for Beef Broccoli that you can cook for your loved ones:
- 1/2 Kg of beef
- Half pack of fresh broccoli
- Soy sauce
- Worcestershire sauce
- Black pepper
- Garlic cloves
- Chopped onions
- Canned Mushrooms
How You’ll Do it?
- Boil the star of the night.. Beef! (for about 10 minutes.)
- While waiting for your beef to boil, chop your broccoli and soak it into cold salted water for about 5 minutes.
- Slice your boiled beef into strips.
- Marinate it for about 5 minutes using soy sauce and garlic.
- Set aside while you chop your onion and garlic cloves.
- Saute your chopped garlic,
- Mix in the sliced beef and let it rest until cooked and tender.
- Mix the Worcestershire sauce and let the beef absorb it. Let it simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Lastly, add the soaked broccoli. (Don’t empty the water totally because you could use it for later.)
- Make sure you add the broccoli on the top of the beef for it not to be overcooked.
- Lastly, add the left over salted water for it to cook the broccoli. Let it simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Serve with rice or veggies on side and feel full!
Have you tried this dish yet? Tell me your thoughts. 🙂