We all have that grandmother who loves to cook. This recipe is one of hers. She passed to my mom and passed it to me. This is basically a filipino porridge made with sweet rice and chicken. We usually serve this early in the morning as breakfast when it’s cold just to have something to warm us up. We also usually serve this right after having a drink with your friends! ( We filipinos really have a big appetite 😉 ) Let me share the recipe for you.The things that you’ll gonna need are:
- Thinly sliced fresh ginger
- Diced onions
- Crushed cloves of garlic
- 1/4 lbs. of chicken parts (wings recommended) boiled
- 1/2 cup of chicken broth
- 1 tbsp of fishsauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup of sweet rice
- Hard boiled eggs *optional
- sliced lemon *optional
- diced green onions *optional
- Sautee onion, garlic, and ginger in a pot until fragrant or atleast about 3 minutes.
- Add the boiled chicken.
- Stir in fish sauce and cook about 2-5 minutes.
- Pour on chicken broth.
- Add the sweet rice and stir.
- Bring it to boil and cook for 10 minutes. Stir occasionally to prevent the rice in sticking into the bottom of the pot.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with green onion, lemon slices or eggs.
- Serve and enjoy!
This is how it looks like.
Basically, we also do serve this for people who’s sick. 😉 This is really a great food if you want to warm up your body this winter plus the ingredients are cheap too. 😉
Have you tried this recipe yet? Tell me your thoughts!